Carl Horsley is an intensivist from Middlemore hospital in New Zealand who talks with Vic about Safety II principles and practice, and new ways that simulation can be interwoven into our work for safer outcomes. He explains that team development is a ‘long game’ and gives us practical tips for building on his work in our own institutions.
Carl also offers some great further reading/ viewing: –
- From Safety-I to Safety-II: A White Paper Professor Erik Hollnagel
- Improving Healthcare Team Communication Building on Lessons from Aviation and Aerospace by Christopher P. Nemeth
- Cognition in the Wild Ed Hutchins
- Damon Centola – How Behavior Spreads: The Science of Complex Contagions (video)
- Seeing Whole Systems | Nicky Case ( video)